Saturday 27 April 2013

My first quilt

I have always wanted to make a proper quilt but I had never got around to having a go. Thanks to a couple of lessons with a very talented lady, Tricia Vint (thepiedpedlar.blogspot.com), I was able to produce my first patchwork quilt. The fabric is from a moda charm square pack plus a few fat quarters of my favourite designs. I used the quilt fab application on the iPhone to decide on the design and ended up choosing the kings crown and the lemoyne star blocks in alternate configuration. I am really pleased with the pattern and the colours, but my quilting skills still need to be perfected! I was a little lazy at the end with the binding though and used pre-made bias binding, i should really have done it properly but i just could not wait to see the finished product! A really fun make.





2 comments:

  1. Well done your points are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia! I am almost finished on my cutting mat bag, so watch this space. I am really enjoying quilting, thanks for all your help! :)

      Delete