Monday, 1 July 2013

Bed runner

My mum requested a bed runner for her king size bed. I found a website with a block pattern called the dissapearing four patch ( I used squares from a charm pack and 6 fat quarters of matching fabric as well as the backing. I modified the block so that the final cuts were 2 inched from the centre line.

I made  2 rows of 14 blocks (28 blocks in total), quilted simple squares on each block and joined them using the quilt as you go method. 

The ladies at Drayton patchwork and quilters suggested I use prairie point to finish off the runner. I am so pleased they suggested it as it really does match the blocks really well. 

The picture below shows the runner on my bed not my mums so it does not go very well with the carpet! I am afraid the images don't do the fabric justice, it appears more pink compared to the images. I bought the fabric a couple of years ago, it's a charm pack from moda.

A closer look...

1 comment:

  1. It looks stunning your Mum will love it I am certain. It is great to belong to a group as you get lots of free advice. I have done some more of my cushion and will post soon.Tricia