Saturday, 25 January 2014

Completed hexi quilt for Linus charity

I finally finished the hexagon quilt I started last year for the Linus charity. I used appliqué techniques to add a boarder around the hexagons I had hand sewed. I backed the quilt in plain green fabric and used some fancy stitches on my machine to quilt. The quilt was bound in white fabric and I used heat and bond to attach appliqué flowers, which were finished with blanket stitch by hand.  The centre hexagons were started by a lady from Drayton patchwork and quilters who sadly passed away. It was nice to think that I was finishing a project that she started.

1 comment:

  1. It looks really lovely Ellie, I'm glad you managed to finish it. I don't envy all that hand-sewing!