Sunday 26 January 2014

Pin cushion and thread catcher

I have been meaning to make one of these for ages. I tend to throw my threads on the floor so I needed to make one of these to tidy up my craft room! The pin cushion is filled with sand to give it some weight to hold the thread catcher on the table and also it sharpens the pins. I used up some cut offs from upholstery fabric to make the pin cushion and the thread catcher part. The top edge of the thread catcher is stabilised with boning used to stabilise bodices. I used this as you can sew over it. The detail on the thread catcher is made by sewing over scraps of fabric with a fancy stitch on my machine. I improvised this pattern as I went along, but If anyone wants a pattern and instructions of how I made this, I can put something together, just let me know.


2 comments:

  1. Well done ,did I not give you all the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you did, thanks Tricia. I was however using bits of leftover fabric so I ended up improvising

    ReplyDelete