Sunday 15 March 2015

Needle case with pockets

I was fed up of keeping my packets of needles seperate from the loose ones I keep in.my needle case so I decided to make a new needle case with pockets so I could keep them altogether. I like keeping new ones in the boxes as it has all the info on sizes etc on the little box.

I layered up organza, did some decorative stitching with silver thread and used a soldering iron to make holes in the fabris so you could see the black organza. The pages are made of felt and the labels are sewn on the machine. I bound the edges using standard quilt technique and added a zip to make sure the needle boxes did not fall out. Finally I added some beads to the front. They were sewn by hand using invisible thread. I neatened end the edges of a little piece of ribbon with a soldering iron, a great tip if you need to stop ribbon from fraying. The ribbon was used as a zip tag to make it easier to hold the zip. I am really pleased with it!

                                     

                         


                         

                         

                         

                         

                         

                         













No comments:

Post a Comment